The CRIV/LexisNexis® semiannual call took place Thursday, June 30th, at 12 p.m. Central. Attendees on the call were:
- Carolyn Bach, Sr. Manager, Knowledge & Research and Faculty Programs
- Simon Weierman, Sr. Director, Segment Management
- Ashley Ahlbrand, CRIV Liaison to LexisNexis®
- Vani Ungapen, Executive Director of AALL
- Michelle Hook Dewey, AALL Executive Board Liaison to CRIV
The semiannual vendor calls provide an opportunity for the CRIV vendor liaison to discuss and follow-up on any requests for assistance that have come in from AALL members, related to that particular vendor, as well as an opportunity for the vendor representatives to apprise CRIV, and, by extension, the AALL membership, of any recent product updates since the last call. CRIV has not received any requests for assistance pertaining to LexisNexis® in the last six months, so the call consisted of news and product enhancements, released between January and June 2022.
- First commercial launch of Lexis+® UK to small/mid law customers.
- Lexis® Create, a new solution designed to surface insights for attorneys while drafting in Microsoft Word, is set for Beta testing in Q3 2022.
- Acquisition of Contract Lifecycle Management Solution Parley Pro to complement LexisNexis’ industry-leading Enterprise Legal Management (ELM) platform, CounselLink®.
- API Developer’s Portal a self-service portal that allows law firms and legal departments to integrate unmatched legal data, content and analytics from a variety of LexisNexis® applications and data sources into their existing systems, applications and processes.
- NetDocuments commercially released “Highlights” powered by LexisNexis® to the small legal market. This is the significant milestone in an 18-month collaboration where LexisNexis enrichments are incorporated directly into NetDocuments’ document management solution.
The Lexis+® Experience
- Shepard’s History at a Glance: Displays a visual of the cases that impact or are impacted by your shepardized case. Use it to quickly find the cases that tell you whether it is still good law from an appellate history perspective.
- Ability to filter Shepard’s reports using Motion Type filters on Lexis+.
- Recommended Secondary articles & resources in association with LexisNexis Headnotes.
- Hotkeys were enabled in Lexis+ documents for improved accessibility.
- Codes research: Cited Law Preview to get an advance understanding of cited laws without leaving your current document
- New Pending Regulations feature to quickly identify and review pending & adopted regulations impacting federal and state administrative codes
- Merging of ‘sub-content type’ post filter under high level content types to more quickly and easily narrow to results of interest on Lexis+
- Brief Analysis: new “upload text” feature to get recommendations from cases, practical guidance, treatises or find similar briefs without requiring an entire document.
- Access to initiate Brief Analysis directly from a brief, pleading, or motion on Lexis+
- MLex regulatory news and analysis integrated into Lexis+ Legal News Hub
- Support to select and deliver documents the full document page for greater efficiency in the research workflow.
- Lexis+ Copy with Cite: support for accurate pinpoint citations when a quote is within a footnote.
- Lexis+ awarded Best AI Enabled Content Solution, 2022 SIIA CODiE Winner
- Coming soon: Fact & Issue Finder for Lexis+
The Lexis+® and Lexis® Services – Content Additions
- New caselaw source to US for American Maritime Cases (“AMC”) that includes new AMC cases released by Lexis since the acquisition of the AMC content portfolio in 2020.
- New caselaw source to Lexis+ for Vaccine Cases in the US Court of Federal Claims.
- Expanded statute indices with over eight states released and an additional 40 statutory indices targeted for rollout in 2022.
- 1.4M new trial orders, briefs, pleadings, and motions have been made available year to date.
- 400K+ state trial documents were added, many from major metropolitan areas in California, Texas, Georgia, and Nevada.
- Added access to Laws & Regulations for Switzerland & Luxembourg laws, access to Singapore statutes.
- A new Healthcare practice area was launched.
- Lexis+® Practical Guidance Video Center released with 180 videos guiding users on legal tasks.
- Usability improvements to eliminate entry of Client ID when utilizing Practical Guidance on Lexis+ (based upon customer preferences for Cost Recovery).
- New “suggested documents” for quick access to relevant documents when entering a search.
- See more of what’s new from Practical Guidance in Q1 2022.
The Lexis® CourtLink Service
- Launched Alaska court coverage and added coverage for thirty new state courts across five states.
- Approximately 400,000 federal courts of appeals cases added in support of the launch of Legal Analytics for federal courts of appeals (“Appellate Analytics”).
- Launched multiple industry trend reports (available to non-subscribers)
- 2022 Patent Litigation Report exploring the latest patent litigation trends.
- 2022 Law Firms Activity Report on the most active law firms in federal district court in 16 practice areas.
- 2022 Securities Litigation Report providing analysis of trends in cryptocurrency cases and the impact of COVID-19, and more.
- Released their Climate Change Disclosure Report which examined comment letters issued by the SEC to companies both before and after the agency’s Division of Corporate Finance published a sample comment letter on climate change-related disclosure in September 2021, which updated guidance from 2010.
- Groups feature for admins to create groups and easily share feeds/searches with users
- Support to download “Insights” including charts & graphs in PDF format
- Favorites option added to Saved Content Panel
- Ability to Download Newsletter Usage Data
- Geographic Results Map which shows the specific region where your results are found
- Environmental, Social, and Governance News Tracker (complimentary)
- Nexis Newsdesk Mobile App Overview Video
Resources for Legal Information Professionals:
Lexis+ Certification Program: available for your law firm’s information professionals. Please contact your LexisNexis Knowledge & Research Consultant to learn more.
LexisNexis, Lexis, Lexis+, Shepard’s, CourtLink, Lex Machina, CounselLink, and the Knowledge Burst logo are registered trademarks and LexisNexis. Law360 is a registered trademark of Portfolio Media, Inc. Intelligize is a registered trademark of Intelligize, Inc. MLex is a registered trademark of MLex Limited. Other products or services may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.